Sunday, December 20, 2009

First Snow of 2009

Well we certainly got a real taste of snow this weekend. Anyone who knows me (Mary) at all knows hoe much a love snow. (please tell me you can hear the sarcasm) I do not like the snow at all. It's pretty to look at...fun to play in...and if I never had to leave the house until it was completely melted, I'd love it. But unfortunately, that's not the case. So even as I sit here typing this in my nice warm living room, I am secretly battling the panic attack that is setting in about heading out to work in the morning. My hope is that school is closed.
Well, enough about me and my snow demons...the kids are having a blast in this weather. Patrick and Ally went out Saturday for a little while during the storm. Mostly we all stayed in and stayed warm. Making sugar cookies and watching movies. But today was when they were really ready for some fun. Patrick didn't last as long as we thought he would. Once his glove fell off and his hand hit the snow, he was done. Allyson, however, has been out with her friends since early afternoon. We know she's doing ok because she stopped home for a quick clothes change since she was soaking wet.
We hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying what you can. As long as this is it for a while, we'll be happy. Let's just get through the next week without anymore storms. And everyone, please keep your fingers crossed that school is closed tomorrow...my mental health depends on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment