Monday, March 15, 2010

Joan...on the catwalk?

Sunday was "Ladies Day." Allyson and I picked up Grandma Joan and met Peggy, Kathy, and Emily at Nordstrom for Makeover Madness 2010! My Mother got a Clinique makeover!! For those of you who don't know, my Mom does NOT do makeup. She has the same lipstick from like 1980 and that completes her beauty routine. I'm sorry...that's her "special occasion" beauty routine. On a daily basis, there is no routine.
Joan was a good sport. That Clinique girl (Felicia) layered her with cleaning products, creams, moisturizers...you name it! Then came the makeup. Felicia was great, though. She wasn't pushy and she listened to my mom. There's no way on Earth this woman is wearing eye liner, mascara, or lip liner. So she just skipped that. But she allowed her to put eye shadow on (which was HUGE!)
At the end of the day my mom looked great. 10 years younger! I hope she sticks with the new beauty regimine!
After makeup all the girls went to the Nordstrom Cafe for a lovely lunch. It's not very often that the Hart women get together. (Actually, we never get together without there being a holiday or birthday) So it was so nice to spend some time together without having to cook, clean up, or chase children around. I say we play dress up with Joan once a month! Won't she just love that!

(PICS TO FOLLOW)

1 comment: