Friday, April 3, 2009

The Hing Family Vacation Curse

It must be stopped!! After last year's Virginia stomach virus horror, we were certainly hoping a repeat would not occur. Here we are, 4 days before vacation, and Ally has a stomach virus. Could it be? Could the curse be true? I admit it...I am in a total panic state right now. Ron thinks I'm crazy. Every window in the house is open...I have bleached every door handle, light switch, toilet bowl, remote, mouse, keyboard...and anything else I could think of that Allyson could have touched. And I put her in quarantine. She has been in her room the entire day and night. We set up a tv and vcr in her room and she can come down when she needs a drink or a saltine. (Which we hand her over the safety gate and send her back upstairs. I know it may sound harsh, but if you could have seen the site of the 4 of us sick...stuck in a hotel room together in Virginia...it was pathetic. I wrestled with everyone taking turns giving her a big kiss and drinking out of her cup today so we could just get it and get it over with before Tuesday, but I couldn't do it. So instead, I banished her from the first floor.

So everyone...we are begging for your prayers and postive thoughts that we have a HEALTHY trip to Disney. Otherwise we have decided that this will be the last planned vacation for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment